Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision
This document provides details on typesetting and layout requirements pertaining to final manuscript submission to Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision.
- Do not include: title page, page numbers, headers or footers, title of manuscript, or abstract in your document. (Begin the document with the introduction; a title page, including the abstract, page numbers and headers/footers will be automatically added to your paper by the journal system.)
- All final manuscripts should be justified, and references should be justified. LaTeX and TeX do an excellent job of justifying text
- Submit your final manuscript including tables, figures, appendices in one file in Word, 12 pt. Times New Roman, double-spaced, references single spaced, 1 inch left and right margins justified.
- Insert tables and figures directly into the text. Tables and figures should not span more than one page
- Research manuscripts should include information about IRB approval and adherence to appropriate research standards (i.e. ACA Ethical Codes, ACES Best Practices)
- Wherever possible, there should be no pages where more than a quarter of the page is empty space.
- As of March 1, 2020, all other formatting should adhere to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.)