Contributing to the Profession: Our Responsibility as a Professional Nurse
After completion of this chapter, the reader will be able to
• Discuss the importance of mentoring others in nursing.
• Discuss benefits of active involvement in professional nursing organizations
• Describe the importance of actively engaging in evidence-based practice.
• Explore the possibilities that can arise when advocating for the nursing profession.
• Describe the role of the professional nurse for maintaining a healthy work environment.
• Discuss the role of nurse advocacy in nurturing a healthy work environment.
• Describe the importance of the nurse's role in civic, social, and volunteer activities.
Goncalves, S. A. (2019). Contributing to the profession: Our responsibility as a professional nurse. In A. M. Beauvais (Ed.), Leadership and management competence in nursing practice: Competencies, skills, decision-making (pp. 415-440). New York: Springer Publishing Company.
Leadership and management competence in nursing practice: Competencies, skills, decision-making
Place of Publication
Springer Publishing Company