- Discuss the historical roots of evidence-based practice.
- Define key assumptions of evidence-based practice in nursing.
- Explore evidence-based practice models applicable to advance practice nursing.
- Develop a searchable question to answer a clinical problem using the PICOT format.
- Use common bibliographic databases to search for best current practice.
- Identify critical appraisal tools for different sources of evidence.
Milner, K. (2021). Evidence-based practice. In S. M. DeNisco (Ed.), Advanced practice nursing: Essential knowledge for the profession (4th ed., pp. 561-594). Jones & Bartlett Learning.