Playful Play Spaces
After reading this chapter, the reader will:
- Describe the importance of environmental context for occupational therapy practice related to play.
- Determine the affordances and barriers of play environments and objects.
- Discuss the advantages of targeting the environment to promote play.
- Select appropriate play spaces and materials.
- Use play spaces and materials therapeutically.
- Adapt play environments and objects to improve play using the concept of person-environment fit.
9781284194661 (ebook); 9781284194654 (print)
Spitzer, S. L., Metz, A. E., & Kuhaneck, H. M. (2023).Playful play spaces. In H. M. Kuhaneck & S. L. Spitzer (Eds.), Making play just right: Unleashing the power of play in occupational therapy (2nd ed., pp. 241-268). Jones & Bartlett Learning.