Informal Play Assessment and Activity Analysis
After reading this chapter, the reader will:
- List possible methods of informal play assessment.
- Describe the benefits of informal play assessment.
- Assess play environments.
- Articulate the importance of activity analysis as a form of ongoing play assessment.
- Complete activity analysis for play activities using the form provided.
- Explain the process for completing an occupational analysis for a child’s play.
9781284194661 (ebook); 9781284194654 (print)
Kuhaneck, H. M., & Metz, A. E. (2023). Informal play assessment and activity analysis. In H. M. Kuhaneck & S. L. Spitzer, S. L. (Eds.), Making play just right: Unleashing the power of play in occupational therapy (2nd ed., pp. 109-140). Jones & Bartlett Learning.