Principles of Communication Assessment
Learning Objectives (Chapter 4).
After reading this chapter, students will be able to:
- Describe the main functions of a communication assessment
- Define norm-referenced and criterion-referenced measures
- List the metrics commonly provided by standardized assessment tools
- Summarize the procedures used in a comprehensive communication assessment
- Describe the domains commonly evaluated in toddlers, children, and adults
Simmons, E. S. (2021). Principles of communication assessment. In R. Paul & Simmons, E. S. (Eds.), Introduction to clinical methods in communication disorders (4th ed.,pp. 83-112). Paul H. Brookes Publishing.
Introduction to clinical methods in communication disorders
Paul H. Brookes Publishing Company