In this issue:
- New Principal Investigator (PI) ALTOP Grant
- 2021-2022 Graduating Class
- ANEW HRSA 2022-2023 Awardees
- Students Quality Improvement Projects
- April 9th, 2022, Preceptor Workshop Photos
- New Clinical Partner: The Bridgeport Rescue Mission/ Sage Health Care
- Save the Date: Annual DNP Colloquium
Dr. Susan L. Davis, RN & Richard J. Henley College of Nursing, "ALTOP (Alternatives to Opioids), Fall 2022" (2022). News, Magazines and Reports. 79.
Alternatives to Opioids for Pain (ALTOP) is a HRSA, Advance Nursing Education Workforce funded project to help combat the opioid epidemic in Connecticut. Through the creation and support of academic clinical practice partnerships, family nurse practitioner students are gaining clinical training and experience in the appropriate use of opioids and alternative pain modalities, in primary care settings. This project directly benefits the medically underserved areas in Bridgeport.