Title

Introduction and Operation of the Apple Writer: A Word Processing Manual

Date of Award

5-1985

Degree Type

Thesis

Degree Name

Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)

Department

Education

First Advisor

Dr. Lawrence Fenn

Abstract

It is expected that by the year 1990 most office records and correspondence will be transmitted, viewed, and stored on electronic media (McCabe, 1977). The responsibility of business educators is to provide students with marketable skills and to fulfill this responsibility computers and the instruction of word processing must be instituted in the classroom. The fact that one half of the school districts in the United States are presently providing computer education is very misleading. Business educators provide only 20 percent of this computer instruction while math and science constitute the remaining 80 percent (Curly,1984). It is imperative to increase the computer instruction by business educators because 80 percent of all office computers in use are applied to business situations (Curly, 1984). The pausity [sic] of material currently available to integrate word processing is an obvious reflection of these statistics. This project is designed to provide business educators with the necessary material to introduce word processing into the curriculum. Instituting a word processing curriculum or unit of study into an existing course will not only benefit the students but this manual will enable the teachers to motivate the students, the curriculum will contain more relevant subject matter, and the community will be able to fulfill the job need.

Comments

Master's thesis submitted to the faculty of Sacred Heart University's School of Education in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Teaching.


Share

COinS