Effective Communication in Leadership and Management Roles
After completion of this chapter, readers will be able to
• Review effective communication styles, skills, and stages.
• Assess one's own communication style.
• Discuss how effective communication promotes quality and safety in nursing practice.
• Discuss how communication and behaviors differ in healthy versus unhealthy organizational environments.
• Apply effective communication strategies to promote a healthy working environment within an organization.
• Apply strategies to overcome roadblocks to effective communication.
• Explain how generational and cultural influences affect communication.
• Discuss how technology impacts communication.
Watson, S. (2019). Effective communication in leadership and management roles. In A. M. Beauvais (Ed.), Leadership and management competence in nursing practice: Competencies, skills, decision-making (pp. 109-133). New York: Springer Publishing Company.
Leadership and management competence in nursing practice: Competencies, skills, decision-making
Place of Publication
Springer Publishing Company